Diabetes Lifestyle Tips: Foot Care Tips
Daily Foot Checks and Visting a Podiatrist
Foot care is an essential part of daily life for people with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, so when you see a diabetic patient in your primary care practice, you should take advantage of that appointment to check on their foot care. In this video roundtable, a panel of experts discusses how to motivate your patients to take good care of their feet.
The panelists are:
- Steven M. Armbrust, MD: Family Practice Physician
- Amy Hess-Fischl, MS, RD, LDN, BC-ADM, CDE: Certified Diabetes Educator at the University of Chicago Medical Center
- David S. Oyer, MD: Endocrinologist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago) and Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine-Endocrinology at Northwester University Feinberg School of Medicine
Thomas DeStefani, MD moderates this diabetes video.
This video includes tips on:
- how often your diabetes patient should be seeing a podiatrist
- helping make a daily foot check an actual daily occurrence in your patients' lives
- how to encourage people to preserve their feet in order to avoid diabetic amputation