Register Today!
Receive our eNewsletters. Signup
EndocrineWeb Community Advice


From: DLAbdella - 1 year 29 weeks ago

I have Hashimoto's and hypo-thyroid -ism.
Prior to being on medicine, I was having anxiety attacks. Since being on Levothyroxine, I have high functioning depression which is getting much worse. In addition to Levothyroxine, my doctor has put me on Bupropion and Clonazepam and raised my Levothyroxine levels. The depression is getting significantly worse with each medicine.

My antibodies get continually worse.

I have a endocrinologist appointment in May. I am barely hanging on - forget all the problems with my weight, energy, acne, cold ----my mental state is at stake!

Please advise how I find a endocrinologist that specializes in Hashimotos. I live in upstate NY, but would be willing to travel to NYC, Penn, Mass, Ct.

Thank you - Diana

Do you find this discussion helpful?

1 Response

Is this good advice?

Hi Diana,

We are so sorry to hear what you are going through, and we hope you find relief soon. We recommend that you ask your primary care physician for a referral or call the largest teaching hospital in your region and ask for an endocrinologist who specializes in Hashimoto’s .

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Wishing you all the best.

Don't Miss Out! Get the FREE EndocrineWeb eNewsletter!

Sign up to receive treatment and research updates, news, and helpful tips on managing your condition.
close X