Afternoon Snack: Nacho Popcorn
45 Calories and Under 10 Grams of Carbs: A Great Diabetic Snack
You know the 3 p.m. afternoon stomach growl. To feed that snack urge (and not throw off your entire day), try this nacho popcorn that really kicks thing up with spicy flavor.
What You Need
(makes 12 servings)
|| cups air-popped corn (already prepared)
||tsp garlic powder
||tsp ground cumin
||tsp onion powder
||butter spray or olive oil spray
||tsp Worcestershire sauce
||tsp Tabasco (optional)
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread popcorn in a large baking pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Toss and coat again.
- Mix together the garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over popcorn, and toss the popcorn to get it evenly coated.
- Spritz popcorn with butter or oil spray; no more than 4 spritzes per cup of popcorn.
- Drizzle the popcorn with Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (if you’re using it). Toss again.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then toss the popcorn. Put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving)
- 45 calories (10% calories from fat)
- 2g protein
- 1g total fat (0 saturated fat)
- 9g carbohydrate
- 2g dietary fiber
- 0 cholesterol
- 11mg sodium
½ carbohydrate (bread/starch)