Lunch: Turkey (or Ham) and Apple Sandwich
Brown Bag It with this Easy Diabetic Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly is so passé. For a grown-up lunch (or to add some grown-up variety to your child’s lunch), try this turkey (or ham) and apple sandwich.
What You Need
(makes 1 serving)
||slices raisin bread
||tsp mustard (optional)
||tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
||oz sliced deli turkey or ham
||small apple,cored, cut in half, and thinly sliced
||lettuce leaf, washed and drained
What You Do
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard (if you’re using it).
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on each slice of bread.
- Layer on the turkey or ham slices.
- Stick the apple slices on top of the turkey or ham, and then cover that with the lettuce leaf.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving)
- 304 calories (24% calories from fat)
- 15g protein
- 8g total fat (2.2g saturated fat)
- 5g carbohydrate
- 5g dietary fiber
- 45mg cholesterol
- 896mg sodium
2 lean meat, 3 carbohydrate (2 bread/starch, 1 fruit)