Making Sense of Guidelines and Targets in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
There has been a great deal of discussion about the various new guidelines (eg, American Diabetes Association’s Clinical Practice Recommendations 2013) and which recommendations primary care physicians should follow. In this video segment, Making Sense of Guidelines and Targets in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, the panel examines the following:
- The A-B-Cs of Diabetes: A1C, blood pressure, and cholesterol (LDL)
- Age and/or comorbidity appropriate A1C levels: 8, 7, and 6.5
- Acceptable blood pressure in persons <40-years of age vs >40-years
- Combine a statin with niacin and/or cholestyramine?
- Hypothetical case discussions