Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Insulin
It is a good idea to prepare ahead of time to get the most from your doctor’s visit. Many patients write their questions down so as not to forget what to ask their doctor. The following list is provided to help you prepare for talking with your doctor.
- I need an easier way to self-monitor my blood glucose levels. What do you suggest?
- Why are you prescribing this type of insulin?
- When should I start this insulin?
- Please explain the dosage to me again.
- Besides a syringe, is there an easier way to deliver my insulin?
- Should I take my insulin before or after meals and snacks?
- What are the possible side effects? If I experience a side effect, what should I do?
- What should I do if my diabetes medication causes my blood glucose level to go too low?
- Can the flu or a cold affect the way my prescription works?
- I’m going on a trip and need to know how to manage my diabetes away from home.