Afternoon Snack: Nacho Popcorn
45 Calories and Under 10 Grams of Carbs: A Great Diabetic Snack
What You Need
(makes 12 servings)
|16||cups air-popped corn (already prepared)|
|2||tsp garlic powder|
|2||tsp ground cumin|
|2||tsp onion powder|
|butter spray or olive oil spray|
|2||tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|¼||tsp Tabasco (optional)|
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread popcorn in a large baking pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Toss and coat again.
- Mix together the garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over popcorn, and toss the popcorn to get it evenly coated.
- Spritz popcorn with butter or oil spray; no more than 4 spritzes per cup of popcorn.
- Drizzle the popcorn with Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (if you’re using it). Toss again.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then toss the popcorn. Put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving)
- 45 calories (10% calories from fat)
- 2g protein
- 1g total fat (0 saturated fat)
- 9g carbohydrate
- 2g dietary fiber
- 0 cholesterol
- 11mg sodium
½ carbohydrate (bread/starch)
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie