Hypothyroidism is when your body doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone. Since the main purpose of thyroid hormone is to run the body's metabolism, people with hypothyroidism will have symptoms associated with a slow metabolism. Learn about the symptoms, causes, and treatments for hypothyroidism in our Hypothyroidism Center.
Hypothyroidism News and Research
- How is pregnancy-related hypothyroidism treated in China?
- Nerve-locating technique results in fewer cases of hypoparathyroidism, vocal paralysis
- Gestational hypothyroidism carries risk of neonatal cognitive delays
- Hypothyroidism is linked to increased risk of coronary heart disease, death
- Doctors update guidelines for detecting, treating hypothyroidism during pregnancy
- Phthalates, BPA may alter the body's thyroid hormone levels