I am waiting for my TSH's to come down from 13 to 4 before my doctor will operate on my thyroid for hurthle cell neoplasm.
I have known about the nodule for 14 weeks now. It was measured at 11mm back then. Starting to get irregular heat beats a few hours daily after taking tablets to bring down TSH level which does not help my nerves. I have read just about everything I can get my hands and almost believe I can do the operation myself but also I can not find any written information on what is a "safe" TSH reading for the doctor to do the operation right now.
My other concern is that I have beaten cancer twice before and that is because I have been operated on with a very early identification of the growths before the cancers could go elsewhere in my body. This time, I don't know if the doctor justs wants a successful operation first up as he said if he finds it has broken out after the operation with pathology test, he will not be doing the next operation (removal of the other half of the thyroid).
Is there anyone out there who has had a similar situation? Is there any stats. on this situation that I have not seen yet? Is there a surgeon who can see if this doctor is correct in delaying?
- Endocrine Disorders
- The Endocrine System
- Community Advice
- Patient Guides
- News and Research
- For Professionals