Welcome to EndocrineWeb Community Advice! Before you get started, please take a minute to look over the following rules.
The EndocrineWeb Community should be a friendly, useful resource for everyone. Please take a look at the User Agreement before you post.
Please follow these Community rules:
- DON'T SHOUT! Using all caps is seen as "shouting" on the Internet, and messages from users who repeatedly "shout" will be deleted.
- Keep it light! Some of our members' computers and connections are slower than others. Please don't include images or animations in your posts that are larger than 10K, or 200-by-200 pixels. (Any standard image program, like Paint, can measure and resize your picture in pixels.) If you attempt to upload an image that's too big, you will receive an error notice alerting you to use a smaller image. Even if these images are hosted off-site, they slow down connections and can prevent some members from seeing your posts.
- Don’t claim to be someone you aren't. You can choose any available username for yourself to protect your own privacy. However, you may not claim to be a site administrator or staff member, or pretend to be another member.
- Don't post material from somewhere else—including from EndocrineWeb—without attributing it so that another member can find the same information. Please cite your source(s) by including the URL. Also, please don't cut and paste lengthy blocks of text (ie, an entire article), although an excerpt is acceptable.
- Do not spam the Community or repeatedly flood the Community with the same or similar posts.
- You may not use the Community to advertise. No advertising is allowed. Certain advertising, particularly advertising for financial schemes, is prohibited by various federal and state laws. In addition, you should not post an opinion on the Community about a product with which you are currently affiliated.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated. You shouldn't post or comment on any message in an abusive manner. Material on the Community should not contain:
- Foul or threatening language: This includes obscene, hateful, derogatory, and rude language.
- Adult themes: This includes content not suitable for all ages (violent and sexually-explicit material).
- Discriminatory language: This includes language that targets groups based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
- Private information: This includes the public disclosure of your—or another person's—personal and/or medical information.
- Unlawful material: This includes material that is in violation of local, state, national, and international laws.
- Reference(s) to specific healthcare professionals: Please do not use a healthcare professional's name.
- Members—and their comments—are valued. However, in order to have a safe, friendly, supportive Community, these rules must be enforced. If you engage in behavior that is against the User Agreement and/or the Community Advice Rules, your post will be edited or deleted. You'll receive an email to let you know what was done and why. After three reported offenses, your account will be banned from the Community, and you will be notified via email. Please work with us to keep the EndocrineWeb Community safe.
Enjoy the EndocrineWeb Community!